Caregiver Support Services
Caregiving, whether for a loved one or professionally, can be difficult and exhausting at times. Often, caregivers do not know where or how to find help and support. SVCOA provides support, assistance, and information to people caring for persons 60 years of age or older or who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease or related Dementia (ADRD), as well as to people age 60 and older who are the primary caregivers for children under the age of 18 or older disabled adults.
The types of assistance we provide include:
- Caregiver education classes and support programs
- Information and referrals for community resources, local programs, and support groups
- Assistance to assess needs and identify options
- Accessing respite care (Respite Grant)
- Access to homemaking support
For more information about SVCOA’s Caregiver Support Services, contact the SVCOA HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119. You can also ask to have your name added to our caregiver mailing list to make sure that you receive information about any upcoming caregiver workshops and/or conferences.